The Transfer Credit Report is an electronic evaluation that outlines which courses transferred from another college or university and the credit given is at CI. When there is no articulation agreement between that college and CI, students are given generic Lower Division, Upper Division, or General Education area credit.

How do I review my Transfer Credit Report?

If you are an undergraduate degree seeking student, you can view your Transfer Credit Report by following these steps:
1.Log in to myCI
2.Select CI Records and navigate to your Student Center
3.Select "Transfer Credit: Report" from the drop down menu

How to View Your Transfer Credit Report (PDF, 155K)

What to Look for and How to Request Changes

Are the transferable courses you took showing up in the report?

Did you submit transcripts from your institution with final grades? If you did, send an email to describing your concern and an evaluator will review your file and provide you with more information.

Transcripts can be sent to*:
CSU Channel Islands
Registrar's Office
One University Drive
Camarillo, CA 93012

*Some local California Community Colleges participate in electronic transcript exchange via eTranscript California and can send your transcript directly to CI in an electronic format. This option is typically automatic if you opt to have it mailed to us directly instead of obtaining a paper copy and bringing it to the Enrollment Center. This option eliminates postal service time, reduces processing time at CI, and helps the environment by reducing paper waste.

Did the transfer course receive the CI course credit you expected?

If not, you can submit a Course Substitution request for either General Education or your major.

Major/Minor Course Substitutions: Please contact the Faculty Advisor for your declared major. They will be able to review your request and submit to our office on your behalf.

For GE Course Substitutions, please complete the form below.


Send an email to requesting a change to the course equivalency.
NOTE: This alternative process is only typical if the request is G.E. area specific, it is from a California Community College, and the alternative can be found at An example: You took HIST V01A at Ventura College, which can give you credit for GE Area C or GE Area D according to CI opted to give you Area C credit, but you would prefer GE Area D credit. In some cases you may be required to submit a substitution request.

Advantages of Reviewing & Personalizing Your Transfer Credit Report

1.Some courses have pre-requisites and you will not be able to register for specific classes if the equivalent transfer course is not on your transfer credit report.

An example: MATH V20 at Ventura is equal to MATH 105 Pre-Calculus at CI. MATH 105 is a pre-requisite to MATH 140 Calculus I. If your report does not state MATH V20=MATH 105, and instead gives you generic credit, you will receive an error when you attempt to register for MATH 140.

2.You will be more informed and make better use of your Academic Advising appointment.



Advising Center
Bell Tower, Room 1595
Transfer Credit Information

Enrollment Center
Sage Hall, Room 1020

Back to Top ↑